Pages

Vegetable Beef(less) Soup

This is THE perfect recipe to satisfy your man's "need for meat" and keep your own waistline where it belongs.  I was worried Hungry Hubby wouldn't like to due to its large volume of vegetables and complete lack of creaminess, but he devoured it - 3 huge bowls worth!  I quote, "Babe, you should start making this once a week!"  And like the perfect Healthy Honey recipe, it is insanely easy!


And I'm so proud of myself because this is the first source-less recipe I've posted.  That's right folks, this one was all me.  ;)


The List:
  • Beef broth, 2 boxes, 64oz. total
  • Lipton onion soup packet
  • Frozen mixed vegetables, 2 bags
  • Stew beef, chopped small
  • Diced tomatoes with seasoning, 2 cans
Start with your man's beef.  I bought a package of stew beef from the grocery, but I chopped it into smaller pieces to be more appropriate in a soup.  I heated the Pam-sprayed soup pot (on medium) and dumped in the beef.  I turned it continually for about 5 minutes total, until the meat was browned on all sides.  
I added in both boxes of beef broth, HALF of the packet of onion soup mix, the 2 cans of tomatoes (WITH juice), and the frozen vegetables.
Crank the heat up to medium-high and let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes.  And it's showtime!  :)  
I laddled mine up first, skimming the soup off the top, and just picking-out any beef that accidentally made it into my mug.
I laddled Hungry Hubby's from the bottom of the pot, grabbing lots of meat chunks.
This soup was DELICIOUS.  Please, please try it!  (It's seriously EA-SY!)  If you are cooking for one or are a meatless family, just omit the beef and swap in vegetable broth.



Do you eat your soup out of a bowl like normal people or out of a mug like me?  It's so much easier to hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment