Pages

Compromise Tuna Salad

I prefer my tuna salad loaded with chopped veggies and mixed with light Miracle Whip.  Hungry Hubby prefers his loaded with eggs and mixed with full-fat Mayo.  I invented this tuna salad recipe as a compromise.  It's perfect for a summer lunch.
I love summertime, because Hungry Hubby can come home on his lunch break and eat with me.  :)  I made this for lunch yesterday and we loved it!

Tuna Salad Supplies:
  • Albacore tuna, packed in water, 2 6.4oz packages (I like having leftovers)
  • Light mayo, 2 tbsp
  • Spicy brown mustard, 1 tbsp
  • Yellow mustard, 1 tsp
  • Red onion, about 1/6, diced
  • Celery, 1.5 stalks diced
  • Carrot, 1 peeled and diced
  • Wickles Relish, or whatever relish you prefer
  • Egg, 1 hard-boiled and diced
A note on relish and pickles in general, if you have never tried Wickles, go buy them now!  They are so incredibly delish.  They are sweet and have quite a kick!  I can find them at Tom Thumb and Walmart around here.

Dice up your veggies.  My red onion got diced in the Vita-Chop, while the carrots and celery had to be done the old fashioned way.  Boo.  Don't worry, I didn't put all of that onion in the tuna!

Dump the tuna into a bowl and fork through it to break it apart.
Add the mayo and mustard and stir it up!
 Add in the veggies and the egg, and you get Healthy Honey and Hungry Hubby's compromise tuna salad!
 Hungry Hubby gets his tuna in flour tortillas for a tuna salad wrap.
 I eat mine over a bed of mixed greens.

I think most people either love tuna or they loathe it.  Do you love tuna like we do?  How do you like your tuna salad?

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I would so love this in a chicken salad version.. I just cant bring myself to love seafood! Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish! I love tuna, but try to limit my intake due to the levels of mercury.

    ReplyDelete