Pages

[Easy, Shmeasy] Vegan Chickpea Couscous Salad

I'm back on the vegan train, and ridin' along with a suuuuuper easy and filling dinner tonight.

I suck at taking pictures during the cooking process. I often get started with my cooking, and forget to stop and take pictures, and tonight was no different. You're only gonna get the finished product folks, sorry!

I used canned veggies, but feel free to use fresh if you're a better cook than I am! ;)

What 'yo need:
  • Couscous, plain or tri-color
  • A can of chickpeas
  • A can of peas & carrots
  • A can of succotash
  • Chopped red onion
  • Vegetable or "no-chicken" broth
  • Chopped garlic
  • Cumin
  • Crushed red pepper
  • A jar of your favorite marinara
Start by boiling a 1/2 cup of water with 1/2 cup of veggie broth. While the water is heating up, add the chopped onion, garlic, chickpeas, and all the spices. Add the canned vegetables right before dumping a cup of couscous into the bubbling pot. Stir quickly! Remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.


Fluff with a fork, and mix-in the marinara! THAT'S IT PEOPLE. Yummy, healthy, and most importantly - vegan! ;)




Look at that goodness!


What do you like in your couscous?? I'd love some more easy recipes like this, so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment