Pages

HH vs HH: Roasted Veggies & Spaghetti Squash

HH often calls me a rabbit. Get your mind out of the gutter... he calls me a rabbit because I'm constantly eating vegetables! Truth be told, vegetables are my favorite foods! I love just about every single vegetable and will eat them raw, steamed, grilled, whatever. Something new I have started doing is roasting them! Yes, I know it's INCREDIBLY easy to roast veggies, but I simply did not know how to do it until recently.

I love vegetables, but Hungry Hubby does. not. It's always a challenge for me to prepare them in a way he will like and eat. Last Saturday night, I cut a ton up and got to roasting. Some he liked, some he didn't, and some he refused to even try (ie: the brussel sprouts).

After washin' and choppin', I spread the veggies on 2 pans, sprayed with Olive Oil Pam, and sprinkled with salt and pepper. I cranked the oven up to 430 degrees, roasted the potatoes, butternut squash, and carrots for about 40 minutes, and did the cauli and sprouts for 20.


I also made spaghetti squash for the first time this night. (Shout-out to my friend Prairie for telling me how!) Since I'm all about the short-cuts... I pierced holes into the squash and microwaved it! Then I cut it in half, shredded it up, and added salt, pepper, and a melted wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. It tasted similar to fettucini! No seriously, I swear it did! Even hungry hubby enjoyed the spaghetti squash. :)

Of course, Hungry Hubby does not live on veggies alone, he needs some meat. So I marinated some lean steak and broiled it for about 3 minutes on each side. Voila!

Hungry Hubby's Plate:
'

Healthy Honey's Plate:

I will definitely be roasting veggies all winter long. And the spaghetti squash was fabulous and fabulously easy!

What veggies do you like to roast? What toppings do you put on spaghetti squash?

1 comment:

  1. I am not very good at roasting!! I usually steam them ......I'll have to try your ideas ;)

    SOOOO happy you liked the spaghetti squash! We have put wilted spinach on top of a pile of ss, spaghetti sauce on top and then an italian seasoned chicken breast on top of that...very colorful and tasty!

    I also like a pad of smart balance butter on top with parmesean cheese and red pepper flakes!

    AND last one...... ricotta cheese mixed with basil and garlic mixed in the spaghetti squash!!

    ReplyDelete