Pages

Santa Fe Pasta with Shrimp, Spinach, and Tomatoes

When I saw the new Philadelphia Cooking Creme at the grocery, I figured I'd have to try it, despite its fairly high calorie count.  When I spotted the Santa Fe flavor, I KNEW I had to try it.  We love cream cheese in the Healthy Honey, Hungry Hubby house, and anyone who has read this blog before knows that my husband loves anything spicy or with southwestern flavor.  This is perfect for us!
You can find recipes on the back of the container, or on the Philadelphia website, but I wanted to use what I had on hand.  This isn't a super trim dish, but the shrimp, spinach, and tomatoes all have great health benefits.

My Ingredients:
  • Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Santa Fe Blend, 5 oz. (Half of the container)
  • Bow-Tie Pasta
  • Raw Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined
  • Baby Spinach
  • Diced Tomatoes, optional


Start by sauteing the baby spinach over medium heat with a bit of PAM.
I used baby spinach that I had frozen.
Once it gets fairly wilted, add the raw shrimp.  Stir constantly.
Once the shrimp looks *just about done* (usually 5 minutes)...
Add the Cooking Creme.
Lower the heat, and stir.  Mix in cooked bow-tie pasta, and chopped tomatoes if you love 'em like me, and eat it up!  :)
Healthy Honey's version...
 Hungry Hubby's plate...
 This was creamy and delicious.  The tomatoes were refreshing.
Hungry Hubby was grumpy enough about the spinach... no chance I would have gotten away with tomatoes in his pasta.

Have you tried the new Philadelphia Cooking Creme yet!?

No comments:

Post a Comment