Pages

Summer Soup: Homemade Gazpacho

Happy Memorial Day!  :)  Even though summer officially starts on June 22nd, Memorial Day Weekend marks the beginning of my favorite season in MY mind!  Hungry Hubby and I spent the weekend poolside with some of our best friends, good BBQ, and lots of beer.

My best friend Katelyn is awesome... a broken arm was not about to stop her from hanging out by the pool!

Since I now consider it summer, I wanted to post a perfect summer soup.  I absolutely LOVE soup.  I posted several soup recipes throughout the winter...  Chicken PotPie Soup, Broccoli Cheese Potato, Spicy Peanut-Curry Shrimp Soup, Vegetable Beefyou get the idea.  This Gazpacho is the perfect way to get my soup fix in the warm summer months.  It is easily blended up, then chilled for several hours before eating.  
I adapted this recipe from Gina's version over at SkinnyTaste.

The Gazpacho Goods:
  • 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced, and seeded
  • 1/4 red onion, chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, diced
  • Red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp
  • Extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp
  • Salt & Pepper

After peeling and slicing my cucumber, I punched the centers out to "seed" them.  Not chef-like, but easy and effective.  :)

Naked tomatoes!  I chopped them into large pieces before placing them in the blender.

I layered in the cucumber, onions, and tomatoes, and then added the vinegar, oil, and garlic.  Blend away!

Looks like a Gazpacho Milkshake, ha!  Chill the soup in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours before enjoying.

Add some diced tomatoes and onions as a garnish, along with some salt and pepper to taste. Delicious, easy, and totally refreshing!

Are you a soup fan like me!?  What is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment