Pages

My Resolutions



I'm a list-makin' type of girl. I love the feeling I get when I cross things off.
I may or may not sometimes add things to my list that I've already done just to be able to cross them off... I make lists almost every day at work, and make them often at home, too. In the spirit of list-making, I love making New Year's Resolutions, and I write them down in -what else- but a list! ;)

So here they are, my 2011 Resolutions:


1. Tone My Flabby Arms!

I want to my arms to finally look something like this...

Or this would work too...

While "toning my arms" is what I want to achieve this year in the gym, I need a more measurable goal. I plan to strength train my arms, using free weights and/or machines, a minimum of twice per week. My yoga push-ups and poses (while they will definitely continue to help my arm de-flabbing), do NOT count towards the 2xs a week requirement.

I'll be doing lots of this in 2011!


2. Spend Less, Save More

Hungry Hubby and I have our eyes set on a casa, a house to call our own (and raise our babies in.... but don't tell him I said the B word). ;) That = HEALTHY HONEY NEEDS TO STOP SPENDING MONEY. I have a little bit of a retail addiction, I'll admit it.

So in 2011, I'll be doing less of this...

And more of this...


The measurable goal: I'll be withdrawing $100 from the ATM at the beginning of each month. That is my *FUN* money for the next 30 days. That's my money for happy hour with the girls, getting my nails done, haircuts, and of course, any and all retail therapy. I can stockpile it and save it up from month-to-month, but I can't spend anymore once the C-note is finito. Please wish me luck, this is gonna be tough!


3. The Love Dare


Last Christmas, my amazing Mom bought Hungry Hubby and I the Love Dare Devotional Book for Couples. [The Love Dare originated in/through the movie Fireproof.] The book has 365 devotionals to do with your spouse. I love them because they can be done in under 10 minutes and are practical and relatable. While HH and I did do some of the book last year, we definitely didn't read it everyday and never made it through. So, we re-committed to completing the book in 2011. Bring on the love dares!!! ;)


Have you made any resolutions for the new year?

1 comment:

  1. I Have made a few, lose a few pounds, learn something new every day and save more money!

    I love your blog look it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete